Offering Comprehensive Pet Pain Management in Grifton, NC
Relieving and preventing pain in dogs and cats is one of our highest priorities here in Grifton. While most pets will do their best to hide and live through their discomfort, pain can eventually take its toll and dramatically decrease their quality of life. Pain can also lead to other health problems, and harm the bond you share with your pet. Faithful Friends Veterinary Hospital offers a wide variety of pain relief options to give your companion the best chance at recovery, and a better life with you.
See our list below detailing possible signs of pain in your pet, and call (252) 524-3384 to make an appointment.
Signs of Pain in Dogs and Cats
How can you tell if your pet is in pain? It isn’t always easy to see, but try looking for these signs:
- Lack or loss of appetite
- Sleeping more often than usual
- Reluctance to play and run around
- Not as social
- Continuous licking of a limb or other area
- Favoring a limb
- Walking gingerly and slowly
- Avoiding the stairs or taking them one at a time
- Avoiding jumping up on things like usual
- Vocalizing (meowing, whimpering)
Get in touch with our team if your pet is showing any of these signs. At the very least, we can dispel any concerns you have and ensure your dog or cat is in good health!
Our Pet Pain Management Options
Our hospital offers a comprehensive list of pain management services to help your pet find relief.
These options, which we provide based on each pet’s individual needs, include:
- Therapeutic canine massage
- Laser therapy
- Diet change
- Oral medications
- Topical therapy
- Physical rehabilitation
- Guided exercise/training
- Anti-anxiety strategies (pain often comes with anticipatory anxiety) such as supplements, desensitization, etc.
Give us a call today at (252) 524-3384 to schedule an appointment and discuss your pet’s pain relief options. We look forward to aiding you both and nurturing the special bond you share.