In-House Diagnostics and Digital X-ray in Grifton, NC
At Faithful Friends Veterinary Hospital, we go further to provide the best care for your pet and understand their health and needs. Dogs and cats make challenging patients for the sole reason that they cannot tell us how they’re feeling. With our in-house diagnostic tools, which include advanced laboratory equipment and digital radiography, we can construct a bigger and more complete picture around your pet’s health and make appropriate recommendations for their continued care.
For the long-term health of your companion, we recommend routine blood and fecal testing to make sure they’re staying healthy. Call (252) 524-3384 to request an appointment!
The Importance of In-House Testing
We can perform a multitude of helpful tests to show us what’s going on inside your pet. Without our laboratory, we would not be equipped to detect and diagnose a wide range of diseases. At Faithful Friends Veterinary Hospital, our testing capabilities include:
- Blood chemistries: With a blood chemistry test, our team can find out how your pet’s liver, kidneys, and pancreas are functioning.
- Complete blood counts (CBC): A complete blood count assesses your pet’s overall health and provides information about how many red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets are present and if they indicate the presence of an infection or other issue.
- Electrolytes: Testing for electrolytes can tell us if your pet is dehydrated.
- Thyroid testing: If we suspect your pet has a thyroid issue, we can perform testing to determine if they might have Addison’s or Cushing’s disease.
- Fecal analysis: Fecal testing can reveal intestinal parasites, gastrointestinal problems, and more.
- Urinalysis: Testing the urine may show us whether your pet has an infection, or even diabetes.