Mobile Vet Care in Grifton, NC
No pet should have to go without essential care, especially when they are housebound. With mobile vet visits, we can arrange a date and time for when your veterinarian can come to your home and provide the necessary treatment. We consider it a privilege to be able to make house calls and be there for our patients when they need us most. Some of the services we frequently offer at house calls include hospice care and humane euthanasia, which are often best performed in the comfort of the patient’s home.
What You Can Expect with Pet Hospice Care
To make your pet’s end-of-life care as low-stress as possible, we take the time to understand your pet’s needs and your family’s, and help you plot out a course of treatment to maintain their quality of life.
Some of the most important steps in the process include:
- Your veterinarian and a technician arranging a visit to your home
- Reviewing your pet’s medical history
- Performing a gentle nose-to-tail exam
- Discussing your pet’s lifestyle/quality of life
- Developing a customized care plan for your pet
- Scheduling weekly technician visits to reassess your pet’s needs
- At-home euthanasia if needed
- Pet memorial
- Aftercare (private or communal cremation, or burial)
- Providing a home burial preparation kit if needed
For more information about our hospice and euthanasia services, please call (252) 524-3384.